Monday, February 20, 2012

Drawing 3 Walk the Line


    I was pretty stuck on what to do for this assignment, so I began dissecting its name. My focus began on walking and different methods of making lines while walking, but then it turned to the actual line itself. While researching line as an element, I came across a Paul Klee quote I particularly enjoyed; "A line is a dot that went for a walk." With this, I decided to conjoin every word from this quote in a script-like line, and literally walk it. At first I thought of doing this on a much grander scale, but the idea of reducing your size to something near an ordinary lines level was intriguing to me... like, being able to walk/follow the lines of a drawing. I use my hand in the beginning of the video to give a sense of scale, the follow the line of the quote closely with my camera lens. As I do so, things become rather ambiguous, which is kind of relaxing to me because it enables you to simply looks and the changing levels of light and composition. When the line comes to an end, I draw back the focus, and the full quote appears. In addition, I picked the song because the line in the video reminded me of traveling down a road, of progressing through life ( with it's ups and downs). Finally, the sound produced while hitting the "button" at the start of the video is only a very happy coincidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment