Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Sculpture Digital Journey Part 2

Project 4

Paper Mache

Finally... the dreaded paper mache sculpture. I struggled with this assignment a lot, both in concept and development. Am I the only one who didn't make anything out of paper mache as a kid? Regardless, here, goes...


Here's one of my finished arms. I figured the choice of paper was fitting with both my concept, mood, and progress in regards to the project.


Second arm, pre-conjoining to the forearm.


Framework for a hand, made of crumpled paper, cardboard, and tape.


Documentation of all three hands through various stages of work. I will admit, this was my first encounter with such a large scale sculptural piece. I don't see paper mache in my future. Ultimately, the work revolved around the humor I found in the situation, which was pretty time appropriate. Finally, I used spray fix to adhere the toilet paper to the cardboard frame work. 

Syllabus Questions

Five artists I relate to:

Alessandro Barbucci



Eric Jones



Ashley Wood




Shawn Barber




Marvel Comics... in general





Five Cities I'd like to Visit:

Islamorada
New York City
Dublin
Sedona
Columbus



No comments:

Post a Comment