Saturday, January 21, 2012

Portfolio Questions

Q- What do I want my work to visually communicate?
A- I've loved reading and writing stories for as long as I can remember... I have a vivid imagination that creates striking scenes and characters that I love sharing with people. I don't think my work has a message so much as a function- to immerse the viewer in a story or setting that can provide a memorable, momentary escape from ordinary life.

Q- Pick five things that you feel connected to


This is my favorite spot from back home. For many, many reasons... this spot is significant to me. Lots of great memories inspiration. I truly feel at home here.



I've moved several times over my life and as I've done so, I've brought pictures and posters from all sorts of things that inspire me, places I've been, things I've done, etc.



Silly as it may seem, Muppet's Treasure Island was the first movie I remember watching that truly fueled my imagination. Since then I've dreamt of freely exploring all sorts of fantastic places and coming across extraordinary people. It kind of started me off with the whole story telling thing.



I love traveling, exploring, learning and overcoming obstacles that surface while adventuring. Though it may be considered silly and dangerous, I also enjoy absentmindedly taking photos while driving and scrolling through them when I reach my destination... it's crazy what you can miss!


I never got great at skating, but I've always loved it. Skateboarding and rollerblading have always been some of my favorite pastimes, and were my only way of getting around for years. My friends and I used to skate together nearly every day back home... I guess that activity is something I feel connected to because loads of my best memories from my childhood involved skating in one way or the other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment